Obituaries » Joseph Harold Skinner, Jr.
Joseph Harold Skinner Jr., 83, of Lynchburg passed away on August 19, 2022.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Joseph H. and Helen Louise Skinner, and a brother, Richard Skinner.
Joe honorably served his country in the United States Navy. After retiring from J&B Distributing, he retired from Skinner Construction. Joe enjoyed fishing, playing cards and spending time with his family. He was a member of St. Thomas More Catholic Church.
He is survived by his loving wife of 64 years, Helen F. Skinner, his brothers, William B. Skinner and Edward W. Skinner, his children, Mary Messer (Michael), Joseph Skinner (Denise), Lisa Jones (Carl), Mark Skinner (Donna), Stephen Skinner (Tammy), Gerard Skinner (Rhonda), Nancy Witt (Tony), John Skinner (Michelle), and 40 grand and great-grandchildren.
A memorial mass will be held at St. Thomas More Catholic Church on Friday, August 26, 2022, at 12:00 PM, with inurnment to follow. Following mass, the family will receive friends for a reception.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Challenged Sports Exchange.
You can watch the memorial mass via livestream by visiting St. Thomas More’s Website
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Joseph Harold's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021