Obituaries » Joseph Wayne Blondino, Sr.
Dear Family and Friends, with much sadness, my beloved high school sweetheart and husband of nearly 40 years, Joseph Wayne Blondino, Sr. (Poppy Wayne), passed away on May 11, 2022, at the age of 79. An early in life stroke led to dementia that slowly erased most of his memory.
Joseph was born on July 8, 1942, the son of the late Joe and Katherine Blondino. He worked as a methods specialist engineer at Montague-Betts, General Electric and Ericsson, Inc. for 39 years. He was a veteran of the Army National Guard, and enjoyed gardening and sports in his spare time.
In addition to his parents, Joseph is preceded in death by: his brother, David Blondino; his father-in-law, Sidney Carmine; and his mother-in-law, Mary Ann Carmine.
He is survived by: his wife, Brenda Carmine Blondino, his children: Joseph Wayne Blondino, Jr. (Ana), Joseph Richard Blondino (Mara); his stepchildren: Kimberley Ann Dills (Jon), and Christopher Hill Dills (Kathy); eight grandchildren: Joseph Wayne Blondino, III, Uldi David Blondino-Kaktins, Morgann Grace Dills, Sydney Eden Dills, Bailey Hill Dills, Elana-Rose Coker, Isla-Moon Coker, and William Sebastian Blondino. He was a kind and gentle man, and I miss him dearly.
Please join us at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, for a visitation on Monday, May 16, 2022, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., and a graveside service at Fort Hill Memorial Park on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 1 p.m.
In place of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Wounded Warriors or our local Humane Society.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Joseph Wayne's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021