Obituaries » Joshua McCabe Leftwich
Joshua McCabe Leftwich
Joshua McCabe Leftwich, 41, of Thaxton, passed away on Friday, December 23, 2022. He was born on May 30, 1981, in Bedford, VA. A son of Glenda Renae Leftwich and the late David Ronald Overstreet. In addition to his father Josh was preceded in death by his maternal grandmother, Delia Faye Leftwich.
Josh was very outgoing in life. He had a very witty and charming personality and always made easy of make his friends and family laugh. In previous years Josh loved playing sports like football and baseball. He enjoyed camping, trips to the beach, concerts and even dancing. He was loved by his family and will be missed greatly.
In addition to his mother, Josh was survived by his siblings, Zachary Overstreet, John Overstreet and his wife, Kelly, Jason Hogan, and Samantha Hogan; nieces, Sage Overstreet and Kadence Overstreet; nephew, Owen Overstreet; maternal grandfather, Collins McCabe Leftwich; aunt, Carol M. Leftwich and numerous cousins and many friends especially his best friends, Kari Fillman and Alezae Caldwell.
A funeral service and celebration of Josh’s life will be conducted at 1:00pm on Friday, December 30, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel in Bedford. Burial will follow in Shady Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. The Family will receive friends from 12:00 Noon to the start of service. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. For anyone wishing to make memorial contributions in Josh’s memory please consider donation towards his burial expenses in C/O Tharp Funeral Home Home in Bedford. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Joshua's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.