Obituaries » Josie Tomlin Harris
Josie Tomlin Harris
Josie Tomlin Harris, 92 of Rustburg, died Wednesday, March 8, 2022. She was the wife of the late Robert Earl Harris for over 60 years.
Born in Bedford County on October 19, 1929, a daughter of the late Linwood and Josie Tomlin. Josie was the oldest charter member of Mead Memorial United Methodist Church.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Phillip Ragland and Robert Harris, Jr.
Josie leaves to cherish her memory a daughter, Rhonda Harris Inge of Rustburg; two daughters-in-law, Pam Ragland and Lisa Harris; six grandchildren, Robert Ragland (Maria), April Lopez (Jay), Phillip Ragland, Jr., Chris Inge (Kelcey), Robert Harris, III and Cody Harris (Anna);ten great-grandchildren, Lauren Lopez, Amber Lopez, Jeffrey Lopez, Brandon Ragland, Taylor Ragland , Sam Inge, Coleman Inge, Hadlee Harris, Brantley Harris and Ace Underwood; three great-great-grandchildren, Zoe Ramirez, Olivia Ramirez and Alex Ragland along with a sister, Audrey Whorley and her faithful dog, Star
A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. Friday, March 11, 2022, at Cumbie Memorial Cemetery in Rustburg. The family will receive friends following the service at the graveside.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Burial Date March 11, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Josie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021