Obituaries » Katsuyo Robinson
Katsuyo Robinson, 82, of Forest, Virginia, died on Thursday, May 12, 2022, after a long battle with cancer. She was born on January 2, 1940, in Tokyo, Japan. She is survived by her husband, Joe, to whom she was happily married for 58 years.
Also surviving are two daughters, Debbie (Joe) Naylor of Lynchburg, and Cindy (Dimitrios) Blekas of Fairfax; two granddaughters, Amanda Naylor of Centreville, and Kelsey Naylor of South Korea; one grandson, Brandon Naylor of Lynchburg; one sister, Noriyo Takiguchi and one brother, Hajime Ikegami, both of Japan.
Katsuyo was a graduate of Randolph Macon Woman’s College with a teaching degree. She taught First Grade for many years at Boonsboro Elementary School. Her hobbies/interests included travel, gardening, mahjong, tennis, bridge and card making. She lived life to the fullest and enjoyed spending time with friends and family.
The visitation will take place at Tharp Funeral Home on Friday, May 27, 2022, from 6-8 pm. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, May 28, 2022 at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Forest at 1 pm.
In lieu of flowers and in honor of her love for animals, it is suggested that those wishing to make a contribution in memory of Katsuyo Robinson consider:
Friends of Campbell County Animal Control,
1400 Edley Pl, Lynchburg VA 24502.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory of Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Katsuyo's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021