Obituaries » Kenneth Ray Torrence
Kenneth Ray Torrence, 73, of Forest passed away peacefully at home, surrounded by family and friends, Thursday, September 1, 2022. He was a devoted husband of 39 years to Gale Layne Torrence, well-loved father and grandfather, and friend to many.
Kenny was born November 30, 1948, in Lynchburg, a son of the late Otis William Torrence and Louise Wright Torrence. Kenny honorably served his country in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War and owned and operated K.R. Torrence Excavating, Inc.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter Christy Torrence (Seth) of Chesapeake, a son Michael Torrence (Leasa) of Forest, five grandchildren: Tyler Torrence, Dailee Helfrich, Gavin Torrence, Gabe Torrence, and Vienne Panyanouvong, and two brothers: Wayne Torrence (Angee) of Yorktown, and Tony Torrence (Kathy) of Lynchburg.
Known for his easy-going personality and humor, Kenny maintained an upbeat attitude. He continued to work the business he loved, never tired of playing in his big yellow excavating toys, and working with friends. He loved being outdoors and working around his home. Downtime was spent with family, enjoying trips to the beach, and camping in his RV.
The family will receive friends from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Saturday, September 10, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg.
In lieu of flowers please consider making memorial contributions to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Shriners Hospitals for Children, or to a charity of your choice.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Kenneth's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021