Obituaries » Lafayette John Christian
Lafayette John Christian
Lafayette John Christian, 75, of Lynchburg passed away Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at Virginia Baptist Hospital. He was the husband of Rachel Christian.
Born in Lynchburg, Virginia on January 18, 1948 he was a son of the late John Christian and Thelma Christian.
In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his two daughters, Racquel Davis and Felicia Davis; and two brothers, Roger Christian and Nathaniel Christian.
He is survived by four siblings, Constance Brown of Lynchburg, Warren Preston, Emma Elliott, and Pearl Johns all of Concord; eight grandchildren, Jayland, Marques, Jamarius, Zaine, Isis, Zion, Saraji, and Jesiah.
A memorial service will held 2:00 pm Friday, April 14, 2023 at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lafayette John's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.