Obituaries » Larry Edward Gilliam
Larry Edward Gilliam born January 15, 1959, formally of Buchanan, left this world for a new tree to climb on June 15, 2021.
Larry was a devoted husband to his wife, Terry Ann Miller Gilliam of 10 years. They enjoyed time with the grandkids, family, and the racetrack.
Larry was the hardest working man anyone knew and would give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. Underneath his rough exterior was truly a heart of gold.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Ernest and Katherine Mars; his daughter Brandy Gilliam; a sister Regina Mars; and a brother Ernie Bell.
Left behind to cherish his memory are his wife, Terry Ann Miller Gilliam; his children Johnathon Gilliam (Tabitha) and Dustin Gilliam; his sisters Carolyn Kelly, Louise Bryant, and Sheila Duff-Iqbal (Moe); his brother Wayne Mars; his grandchildren: Christian, Caleb, Jeremiah, Journey, Jaxson, Tabitha, Jordan, Joel, Kaylen, Emylee, and Tristin; his great-grandchild Cordelia; and his stepdaughter Erin Shifflett (JR).
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, June 21, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg.
A celebration of Larry’s life will be held at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. The family requests that those in attendance wear blue, Larry’s favorite color. Interment will follow at Presbyterian Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Larry's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021