Obituaries » Larry Wayne Dooley, Jr
Larry Wayne Dooley, Jr
Larry Wayne Dooley, Jr., 36, of Bedford, VA, passed away on Thursday, September 22, 2022. He was born in Bedford on March 24, 1986 to Larry Wayne Dooley, Sr. and Cleo Elaine Shirkey. He was preceded in death by his father; paternal grandparents, Shirley Meador and Warren Dooley; maternal grandparents, Della Rose and William Atwell; God-mother, Mary Steptoe and girlfriend, Kimberley Stuart.
Larry loved the outdoors, he especially loved fishing, camping and four wheeling. His first love was his children and family. He will be missed by all who knew him.
In addition to his mother, he is survived by his step-father, Richard; children, Larry Wayne Dooley, III and Ella-Mae Grace Dooley; siblings, Alisha Crouch and husband, Matthew and James Sines, IV; mother of his first born, Courtney St. Clair Ailstock; special papa, Leroy Mayfield; God-sister, April Steptoe and numerous special cousins, aunts, uncles and friends
A funeral service will be conducted at 11:00 am on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Mike Dodson officiating. Interment will follow at Dooley Family Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Tuesday, October 11, 2022, from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Larry's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.