Obituaries » Laura Rosazza Ayres
Laura Rosazza Ayres
Laura Rosazza Ayres, 94, of Bedford, Virginia went home to Jesus at Bedford Memorial Hospital on Friday December 2nd, 2022.
She was the daughter of the late Grat Rosazza and Bert Jones Rosazza. She was also preceded in death by her sister Ellen Quarles. She is survived by her son Mike Ayres (Cindy), her grandson Eli Ayres (Katlyn); sisters Edley Updike and Estelle Gray; brother Grat Rosazza (Diane); nieces Karen Gray, Shelia Updike, and Denise Gaston.
Laura retired from the City of Bedford Electric Department and worked for many years at Southern Flavoring Company. Laura loved The Lord and her family very much. She was so proud of her son Mike and her grandson Eli. She was an avid golfer, and during her retirement years spent many days with her friends on the golf course. She enjoyed walking and could often be seen walking around town before her health started to fail. She also loved music and singing, and she led the church choir for many years. She will be greatly missed by her family and many friends.
A visitation will be held in the chapel at Tharp Funeral Home in Bedford on Tuesday December 6th from 10-11am, with a memorial service to follow at 11am.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Laura's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.