Obituaries » LaWanda June Hylton Ely
LaWanda June Hylton Ely, 84, of Roanoke went to be with the Lord on Friday, October 7, 2022, at Skyline Health and Rehabilitation Center in Floyd. She was born on August 11, 1938, in Roanoke, VA to the late Charles Thomas Hylton and Deta Demoris Deacon Hylton. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Frederick Floyd Ely; daughter, Karla; sister, Diane and grandson, Baby Jackie.
She is survived by her sisters, Marlene and Margaret; daughter, Stacey and husband, Eddie; grandchildren, Kristen and husband, Chris, Sean and wife, Suzie, Justen, Amber and husband, Justin and Shayne and wife, Crystal, 12 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be conducted at 1:00 pm on Saturday, November 12, 2022 at Waverly Place Baptist Church in Roanoke, VA.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Roanoke, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate LaWanda's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021