Obituaries » Leland Wilson Jones
Leland Wilson Jones
Leland Wilson Jones, 67, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. He was the son of the late Clyde Jones Sr. and Margaret Turner.
Leland was born on August 8, 1955, in Lynchburg, VA. He attended school at Nelson County High School, then served in the United States Navy as a Supply Clerk.
Leland leaves to cherish his memories, three sons Leland Elliott Sr. (Rene’), Timothy Jackson, Cornelius Jones, Jeremy Elliott (Step-son); his grandchildren: Treyvon Miller, Ty’reek Jackson, Jayla Jackson, Leland Elliott Jr., Renee Liana Elliott; two brothers Clyde Jones Jr., Wilbert Jones; four sisters: Mildred Byers, Roma Huggins Fuqua, Mary Jones Crawley, Donna Booker (Earl); a host of nieces and nephews, which he cherished with heartfelt love; and many loving friends in the community.
In addition to his parents, Leland is predeceased by his brother Charles Jones, Willie Jones; Floyd Jones, sisters Lumby Jones.
A memorial service will be held on Friday, March 24, 2023, at 2pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg with Elder Robert Reed officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Leland's life with a short message, photo or video!
Leland does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.