Obituaries » Lena Nicole "Nikki" Staton
Lena Nicole "Nikki" Staton
Lena Nicole “Nikki” Staton, 42, of Appomattox took Jesus’ hand and walked into Paradise on June 4, 2022. She was born in Lynchburg, VA to Jack Staton (Tara) and Donna Nickell (Greg) on August 22, 1979. She graduated from Rustburg High School and CVCC; she was currently studying to become a Peer Counselor.
Besides her parents, she leaves her most precious blessing, her daughter, Alyssa Marie Staton, Alyssa’s father Shane Wooldridge, and her fiancé, Cecil “CB” Ferguson. She also leaves behind a stepsister, Jennifer Jones (Ronnie), three uncles, David and John Blankenship, and Ronnie Staton, as well as five aunts, Lisa “Nene” Blankenship, Fay Staton, Shirley Miller, Sheila Staton, and Debbie Boucher. She also leaves many loved cousins and numerous friends behind.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Henry and Lena Staton, and Glen and Iva “Nana” Blankinship, and her uncle Robert (Bob) Staton.
The family will receive friends from 6:00 to 7:30 pm, with a Memorial Service to follow on Friday, June 10, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home 220 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donations to your local animal shelter or Brook Hill Farm, 7291 Bellevue Rd. Forest, VA 24551. Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lena Nicole \"Nikki\"'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.