Obituaries » Leta Frances Sharp Atkins
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Leta Frances Sharp Atkins, 62, of Moneta, passed away on Friday, June 17, 2022, at Forest Health and Rehab. She was born in Virginia on April 10, 1960, to the late Henry Arthur Sharp and Evelyn Rhodes Sharp. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother, Ellis Sharp.
Leta’s pride and joy was her family and loved to spend time with them. She also had a love for tigers and the Mountains of West Virginia. She enjoyed hosting yard sales and meeting new people. Leta was a very loving, self-less, simple lady, who will be missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her husband, Ronald Dale Atkins; daughter, Trina Beverly; son, Josh Dunbar; granddaughters, Alexis Burnette, Aurora Beverly, Camilla Dunbar and Gwyndolyn Dunbar; great-granddaughters, Claire Burnette and Lucy Burnette and brother, Dwyane Sharp.
The family will receive friends on Friday, June 24, 2022 from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Celebrate Leta 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021