Obituaries » Lewis "Bud" Overstreet
Lewis “Bud” Overstreet, passed away peacefully on August 22, 2021 after a lengthy illness.
He was preceded in death by his parents, George M. and Dessa B. Overstreet and his sister, Dorothy O. DeShazo.
Lewis had been married for seventy-one years to Virginia T. Overstreet and had two daughters, Suzanne L. Overstreet, and Sean O. Parker.
The family wishes to express their sincere appreciation for the excellent care given to Lewis the past ten years he resided at the Bedford County Nursing Home, as well as the specialized care provided by Centra Hospice.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial donations be made to the above-mentioned exceptional caregivers.
A private graveside service was held on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, at Oakwood Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lewis's life with a short message, photo or video!
Lewis does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021