Obituaries » Linda Gail Burnett Wood
Linda Gail Burnett Wood
Linda Gail Wood, 63, of Forest, passed away Thursday, August 4, 2022.
Born on August 8, 1958 in Lynchburg, Linda was a daughter of the late Berkley Burnett and Lorraine Harris. She was preceded in death by her son, Anthony C. Wood; her brother, Harold D. Burnett; and a sister-in-law, Jennifer Vasser.
Along with her mother, Linda is survived by her siblings: Bonnie V. Trent of Aurora, Colo., Hubert “H.V.” Vasser, Jr. of Big Island, Billy Burnett and his wife, Lisa, of Lynchburg, and Jenny Mays and her husband, Darrell, of Evington; two grandsons, Devin and Aaron Wood; her daughter-in-law, Jennifer Wood; her sister-in-law, Pamela Burnett; and many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and other relatives who lovingly referred to her as “Nunny.”
The family will receive friends Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, from 5 to 7 p.m. Inurnment will take place at Virginia Memorial Park privately at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Linda's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.