Obituaries » Louis Lonnie Preston
Louis Lonnie Preston departed this life on Thursday, February 10, 2022, at Chase City Rehab in Chase City, VA, the son of the late Lawrence and Estelle Preston.
He was a member of the Mt. Obed Baptist Church where he served as a servant with humility and meekness often behind the scenes. His willingness to perform task asked of him as well as those that he saw a need.
Louis had a song in his heart that he would sing often “Lead Me Jesus, Lead Me, Everywhere I Go”. He knew the right power source to lead him daily and even in his failing health. He loved life, loved to laugh, and loved family.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Lawrence Preston, Jr.
Louis is survived by his children: Louis Jr. of Appomattox, VA; Meredith (Teddy) Chambers, Buckingham, VA; Orlando “Teague” Hunter, Lynchburg, VA; and Tareq Jackson, Chesterfield, VA; one sister, Helen Elliott, Concord, VA, and one Aunt Faye Pannell, New York; 11 grandchildren, 2 great-grandchildren, a longtime devoted companion Emma Jackson, Concord, VA, and two devoted nieces, Monique and Tracey Cheatwood, nephews, and other relatives and friends. A special thank you to Chase City Health and Rehab.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
A funeral service will be held at 12:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 15, 2022, in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, VA. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Interment to follow at Mt. Obed Baptist Church Cemetery, Concord, VA.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Louis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021