Obituaries » Louise Jennings Carwile
Louise Jennings Carwile, 95, of Lynchburg, passed away on Friday, April 29, 2022, at Forest Health and Rehab. She was born in Campbell Co. on May 3, 1926, to the late Tom and Lula Woodall Jennings. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, John Watkins Carwile, Sr., brothers, Thomas C. Jennings and Ralph D. Jennings; sister, Peggy J. (Mason) Roakes and brother-in-law, John Myers.
Louise worked for many years as a Tupperware Manager. She loved traveling and traveled quite often for work. Louise was a member of New Chapel Baptist Church. Family and friends were very important to Louise, and she loved spending quality time with them any opportunity she got.
She is survived by her son, John Carwile, Jr. and wife, Alice; brother, Allen Jennings and wife, Inez; sister, Alice Myers; sister-in-law, Kathleen Jennings; brother-in-law, Cecil G. Mason and numerous nieces, nephews and a special niece, Wendy M. Clark and husband, Whit.
The family would like to extend a special thanks to the nursing staff at Forest Health and Rehab and Centra Hospice for the care they gave Louise.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to New Chapel Baptist Church.
A funeral service will be conducted at 2:00 pm at New Chapel Baptist Church on Wednesday, May 4, 2022, with Pastor Tim Dooley officiating. Interment will follow in the church’s cemetery. The family will receive friends one hour prior at the church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Louise's life with a short message, photo or video!
Louise does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021