Obituaries » Louise Cooper Harris
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Louise Cooper Harris, 95, of Madison Heights, Virginia passed away on Tuesday, April 26th, 2022. She was the daughter of the late Reverend Hubert Lee Cooper and Rhodessa Hannabass Cooper, and the wife of the late Ned Harris for 39 years.
Louise was born on January 3rd, 1927, in Hardy, Virginia. She attended high school at Andrew Lewis in Roanoke and then graduated from Moneta High School. She received her diploma in Nursing from Virginia Baptist Hospital. Louise went on to become a registered nurse and retired from Virginia Baptist after 48 years of nursing.
Louise enjoyed music, flowers, traveling, jewelry and good food. She loved her church and spending time with friends.
Louise is survived by her sister Peggy Friend and daughters: Donna Hedrick (Ed) Melanie Harris, Cathy Bailey (Jim), Susan Ward and Sarah Arena (Andy). Her grand children are Robert Bailey (Heidi) of Ohio, Jessica Bailey, Hunter Ward (Jodi) of NC, Casey Ward and Drew Arena of Mechanicsville. Her great grand children are Harper and Landry Bailey and Van Ward. She has numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her 5 brothers, Junior, Vance, GN (Buzz), Richard and Bobby Cooper and a sister Ruby Cooper.
A funeral service will be held at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, 2022 at Elon Baptist Church with burial following the service. The family will receive friends at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, 2022 at Elon Baptist Church. . In lieu of flowers contributions can be made to Elon Baptist Church in Madison Heights or Operation Christmas Child.
Tharp Funeral Home, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Louise's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021