Obituaries » Lucille Craghead Laughon
Lucille Craghead Laughon, 94, died peacefully on August 16, 2022 at Covenant Village in Gastonia, NC.
She was born in Bedford on October, 5, 1927, daughter of the late James Spencer and Rosa Ella Wills Craghead. She was the Office Manager of Laughon & Johnson Inc. and a member of Main Street United Methodist Church. She was preceded in death by her husband C. Joseph Laughon and their son Tony Nelson Laughon, her sister, Christine, and five brothers, Owen, Nelson, James (Pete), William and Ray Craghead.
She is survived by her son C. Joseph Laughon of Darien, CT; a daughter, Vickie Laughon McKenna and her husband, John, of Lake Wylie, SC; a sister, Ellen Craghead Wilkes of Roanoke, VA; four grandsons, John Harms McKenna, Jr (Shannon Majors) of Raleigh, NC, Charles Spencer McKenna (Holly) of Charlotte, NC., Charles Joseph Laughon III (Tripp) of Boston, MA, and Guy Walker Laughon of Cape May, NJ; and many nieces and nephews.
The family would like to thank the excellent staff in the Garden Wing at Covenant Village, as well as her Gaston Hospice team, for the loving care she received in recent years.
Graveside services in Greenwood Cemetery, where she will be laid to rest beside her beloved husband and son, will be private. A celebration of Lucille’s life will be held at Main Street United Methodist Church on Monday, October 10th at 10:30 AM.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation in Lucille’s memory to The National D-Day Memorial, Main Street United Methodist Church, or Hospice.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Lucille's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021