Obituaries » Maceo Dillard, Sr.
Maceo Dillard, Sr.
Maceo Dillard, Sr., 89 of Lynchburg, Virginia suddenly departed this life on March 22, 2023.
He was born on May 15, 1933 to the late George and Kate Dillard.
He proceeded in death by one son, Maceo Dillard, Jr., twin brother, Milton Dillard, Sr. (Laura), two sisters, Lindsay Dillard Reynolds, and Georgia Dillard Smith.
He survived by daughter, Gloria Dillard Thurman (Anthony) of Atlanta, Georgia. One granddaughter, Ebony Lambert, and two great granddaughters Moriah Lambert and Jaslynn Witcher of Lynchburg, Virginia, and host of nieces, nephews and other relatives and friends.
Maceo Dillard, Sr. was a graduate from Dunbar High school class of 1952. Soon after serving in the military, he was a Veteran of the United States Army and a resident of Choice Healthcare of Lynchburg.
A service will be held at Tharp Funeral Home, Chapel, in Lynchburg, VA on Wednesday, April 5th at 12 noon.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Maceo's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.