Obituaries » Mackie McCormick Clapp
Mackie O’Nell McCormick Clapp, 88, of Madison Heights, passed away December 26, 2021 at her home. Preceded in death by her beloved husband of 60 years Benjamin Earl Clapp. She was born in Spout Springs Virginia to the late Lewis and Queenie (Almond) McCormick, a surprise addition to 10 other siblings. She was preceded in death by all of her siblings save a devoted brother Curtis W. McCormick of Lynchburg.
Mackie was a devoted spouse and supported the lady’s court of Woodmen of the World throughout Earl’s tenure with them. She loved antiques and could always find room for one more decorative angel in her home. She is survived by her daughter, Denice D. Clapp, son, Clinton E. Clapp, MD (Lynn McRoy), grandchildren Adrienne Cruser, Meredith Lavigne (Jesse), Leslie Clapp, Devon Clapp, Nolan Clapp, Annalise Sheppard and Colin Sheppard.
The family wishes to thank Tanesha Rucker and her team whose steadfast care allowed Mackie to live the way she wanted to.
In lieu of flowers consider a donation Lynchburg Humane Society.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mackie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021