Obituaries » Margaret Slaughter Barrett
It is with a heavy heart we announce the passing of Margaret Slaughter Barrett on August 1, 2022, at 10:05AM at LGH. She was the beloved wife of Jimmy Dale Barrett, mother of Janika Barrett Calloway (Travis Calloway) and Brittni Barrett. She was the cherished grandmother of Jamare’On, Kaiyah, and Taelin.
She is survived by her siblings and nieces and nephews: Rose Coleman/Slaughter (Devon), Norma Johnson (Michael), Chris Slaughter (Aiyana), and Ernestine Slaughter (Shalita, Jordan, and Sean). Her memory will be cherished by all whose lives she touched.
She was always full of laughter and her home was a beacon of rest for many in her family. She was studying with Jehovah’s Witnesses and her faith carried her during difficult times leading up to her final resting (Psalm 83:18-KJV and NWT).
Her memorial will take place at the Kingdom Hall located at 319 Wiggington Rd. Lynchburg, VA 24502, date and time to be determined. There will be a Zoom option as well for those who are unable to attend in person. Masks are strongly encouraged within the Kingdom Hall for the safety of others who are immunocompromised practicing the loyal law of love (James 2:8). There will be a small gathering of family and friends at the home of her daughter, Janika Calloway, afterwards.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Margaret Slaughter's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021