Obituaries » Marilyn Frances Ingalls
Marilyn Frances Ingalls
Marilyn Frances Ingalls, 87, of Amherst, Virginia passed away on November 16, 2022. She was the daughter of the late Walter Caron and Beatrice Caron Shackett, and the wife of Clarence Winslow Ingalls for 64 years.
Marilyn Ingalls was born on September 14, 1935 in Keene, NH. She was the youngest of eight children, having five sisters, and two brothers, who are all deceased.
She was a member of Bethel Baptist Church and enjoyed reading her Bible. praying, and being with her grandchildren and great grandchildren. In her younger years, she enjoyed camping, fishing, and visiting the ocean with her family.
Marilyn is survived by her children: Doreen Cantwell, Cathi White (Doug), Kenny Ingalls, son-in-law Bill Packee, Kellie Arrington (Larry), Susan Campbell (Raymond Gochenour) and 17 grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren, and her cat Candy, that she loved very much, and many loving friends in the community.
In addition to her husband, Clarence, she is predeceased by her daughter, Tracy Packee.
A visitation will be held on November 21, 2022 at 10:00 am at Bethel Baptist Church in Amherst. A memorial service will be held at 11:00 am at Bethel Baptist Church with Dr. Doug White officiating. A graveside service will be held at Amherst Cemetery immediately following the service.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit www.tharpefuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Marilyn's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.