Obituaries » Mary Ellen “Mur Mur” Wayne
Mary Ellen “Mur Mur” Wayne
Mary Ellen “Mur Mur” Wayne, 90, of Lynchburg, passed away, Saturday, October 15, 2022.Mary Ellen was born April 15, 1932, in Madison Heights, a daughter of the late Walter Wayne and Maude Lee Wayne. Mary Ellen was retired as a care giver for many years and attended Scott Zion Baptist Church in Madison Heights.
The family will receive friends from 2:00 until 4:00 p.m. Thursday, October 20, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg.
She is survived by her son Kenny Moore of Michigan and preceded in death by her son Tommy Wayne (Linda) of Norfolk Virginia. She leaves behind to mourn a host of grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. The family would like to thank Centra Health Hospice Home for the excellent care given.Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mary Ellen “Mur Mur”'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.