Obituaries » Mary Frances Steptoe
Mary Frances Steptoe, 61, of Bedford passed away on Wednesday, June 9, 2021. She was born on October 25, 1959. A daughter of the late Kiah Steptoe and Lillian Butler Steptoe. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother, Calvin Steptoe; two sisters, Elizabeth Ann Steptoe Moon and Peggy Steptoe.
Mary loved her family and friends so much. She was an avid Pittsburg Steelers Fan and Loved NASCAR, especially the late Dale Earnhardt. She also enjoyed going on vacation and seeing new destinations. She will be missed by her family and extended family.
Mary is survived by her daughter, April Steptoe and her fiancée, Michael Anthony Barlow; two grandchildren, Nazariah Ma`Kayla Barlow and Riverr Hendrixx Barlow; brother, Calvin Trent Blake; niece, Tiffany Michelle Steptoe; nephew, Drew Edwards Steptoe; special friend who was like a sister, Cleo “Tootie” Shirkey; Goddaughter, Alisha Crouch and her husband, Matthew; two Godsons, Larry Dooley Jr., and James Edward Sines IV; special friend, Paul Lewis.
A funeral service and celebration of Mary’s life will be conducted at 11:00 am on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Chapel in Bedford. Burial will follow in Holy Land Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00 pm on Monday, June 14, 2021, also at Tharp Funeral Home Bedford. To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date June 15, 2021
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mary's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021