Obituaries » Mary Kay Spohn
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Mary (Kay) Spohn, 75, was ushered into heaven early on July 17th after a long battle with dementia. She was surrounded by her loving husband and children.
She held many titles throughout her life, but her favorites were wife, Mom, and especially Granna. She was passionate about loving her family well and serving her Savior.
She is survived by her husband, Dr. R. Terry Spohn; her three children, Dr. David Spohn (Jill), Christi Hellmund (John), Sarah Christian (T. Marcus); 11 grandchildren: Korynn, Alec, Lexi, Caleb, Josh, Nate, Ellee, Seth, Simon, Luke, and Eden; her three siblings: Charles Dewey Tabor III (Susie), Carol Lamb (Buddy), Terry Tabor; as well as many cousins, nieces, and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents Charles and Mary Lee Tabor.
The family will hold a private graveside service at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Mary Kay's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021