Obituaries » Melvin Delmer Jones
Melvin Delmer Jones, 92 , of Forest, died Sunday, November 6, 2022.
He was the husband of the late Betty Jones.
Melvin was born September 29, 1930 in Roanoke, a son of the late Henry and Minnie Jones.
He served in the U.S. Army, was a manager for Westvaco Corporation until his retirement and a member of Timberlake United Methodist Church.
Melvin is survived by his daughters, Debbie Wood (Gary) and Donna Bennett (Billy) all of Rustburg; sister, Mabel Flora, brother, John Jones, granddaughters, Courtney (Jacob) and Kristen; and three great-grandsons, Grayson, Nolan and Lawson.
In addition to his wife and parents he was preceded in death by his sisters, Elva Mann, Goldie Overfelt and a brother, Robert Jones.
A Celebration of Melvin’s Life will be held at 11:00 a.m. Thursday, November 10, 2022 at Spring Hill Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Melvin Delmer's life with a short message, photo or video!
Melvin Delmer does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021