Obituaries » Melvin Paige, Sr.
Melvin Paige, Sr. passed away December 21, 2021. He was born May 20, 1941. He was the son of the late John Watson Paige and Rosa Garland Paige. In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his brothers, Randall Paige, Willie B Paige, Frank Paige and his sister, Jaqueline Hunter.
Melvin was retired from the Lynchburg Foundry in 1998 after 38 years of service.
Melvin is survived by his devoted wife of 56 years Julia “Snooky” Paige; sons, Melvin Jr. and Kevin; daughters, Michelle and Stephanie; brothers John Paige, Jr., Hunter Paige, Charley Paige, Sr. (Phyllis); sisters, Celestine Harvey, Virginia Thomas (Harold, Sr.), Mary Paige, Clara Withers (Gregory); grandchildren, Ryan, Brianna, Hannah, Jackson, Joushua, Eliana, Kendra, Kyndal, Koulson, Karmen; and great grandchildren, Hunter, Kali and James.
A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, December 28, 2021 in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home with visitation one hour prior to the service. Interment will follow at Presbyterian Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Melvin's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021