Obituaries » Michael Wright
Michael Andrew Wright, 52, of Syracuse, N.Y. passed away on Tuesday, October 4, 2022. He was the son of the late Phyllis Martin Wright and surviving father Harry D. Wright, Sr.
He was raised in Lynchburg, Va. and graduated from E.C. Glass High School class of 1989. Michael’s hobbies were watching the Pittsburgh Steelers and NASCAR racing, especially Jeff Gordon and Chase Elliott.
Michael is survived by his wife, Christine Wright; two daughters, Hope K. Wright and Kaylee Daniels of Syracuse, NY; a stepmother, Elizabeth C. Wright; sister, Kimberly J. Henderson; one half-brother, Mike A. Goff; and one half-sister, Terri L. Goff. In addition to his mother, he was preceded in death by one sister, Teresa Wright; and one brother, Harry D. Wright, Jr.; maternal grandparents, Frances Martin and Frank Martin; paternal grandparents, Earnest Wright and Anne Wright; and a host of nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be held on Monday, October 10, 2022 at 11 a.m. in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg with a visitation one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Michael's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.