Obituaries » Mildred Boger Barringer
Mildred Boger Barringer, 87, of Lynchburg, went to be with Jesus on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. She was the loving wife of the late Jerry Monroe Barringer for 59 years before his passing in 2012.
Mildred was born June 11, 1935, in Albemarle, N.C. to the late William Martin Boger and Omer Pauline Cruse Boger. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband Jerry Monroe Barringer; two sisters Helen Wagoner and Ruby Boger; and five brothers: William, Hoyle, Arnold Lee, Gene, and Jack Boger.
Mildred is survived by her sons Martin Howard Barringer (Sheri) of Bedford and Scott Alan Barringer (Nancy) of Fredericksburg; four grandchildren David, Jordan, Joan Barringer, and Stacy Barringer Smith (JD); and one great-grandson Benjamin Smith.
Mildred was a member of Forest Presbyterian Church and retired from Sears Roebuck Corporation.
A memorial service will be held on Friday, September 30, 2022, at Forest Presbyterian Church at 11 a.m. with Rev. Morgan Whitfield officiating. Visitation and Reception to follow immediately after the service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Forest Presbyterian Church, PO Box 331, Forest, VA 24551.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mildred's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021