Obituaries » Mildred Thompson Godsey
Mildred Thompson Godsey, 74, of Lynchburg passed away Sunday, February 6, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital.
Born in Lynchburg on November 2, 1947, she was a daughter of the late Nelson Thompson and Maxie Thompson. She is survived by her daughter Karen Godsey Creger and her son in law Ronald Devin Creger of Forest, also her grandson Devin Delaney Creger of Richmond Virginia. In addition, she is survived by a sister Mabel Krantz and two brothers Michael Thompson and Malcom Thompson.
She was preceded in death by brothers, Charles Thompson, John Thompson, Russell Thompson, Joseph Thompson, and Percy Thompson.
She retired from Central Virginia Training Center after 30 years of service. She then continued her lifelong work of caring for others. She provided care and companionship for the parents of many local families who needed her help, until she retired in 2017.
The family would like to thank Joyce Thompson and Vickie Vance for their long-lasting devoted friendship with Millie.
Millie was a loving mother, grandmother and friend. She talked with family and friends daily. The silliest little things would make her laugh and brighten our day. She will be deeply missed.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Mildred Thompson's life with a short message, photo or video!
Mildred Thompson does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021