Obituaries » Nancy Amos Dalton
Nancy Faye Amos Dalton
Nancy Faye Amos Dalton, 83, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on June 7th, 2022. She was the daughter of the late Lester and Viola Mae Amos, and the wife of the late Claude Wayne Dalton.
Nancy was born on October 9th, 1938, in Gretna, Virginia. She attended Gretna High School, where she met the love of her life, Wayne. She enjoyed traveling, playing bridge, gardening and sewing.
Nancy is survived by her children: Steven Wayne Dalton (favorite daughter-in-love, Janet) and Lori Ann Dalton Engelke (favorite son-in-love Jim); her grandchildren: Amy Leigh Dalton Switzer (Dr. Jennifer Switzer), Carly Faye Engelke (Corey Jennings), Jakob Thomas Engelke and Hannah Mae Engelke (LT Sean Kshimetski); her great grandchildren Jacelyn Page and Garrison Page; and special friends: Betty, Tillie and Edna and her caregiver Diane.
In addition to her parents and husband, Nancy is predeceased by her brothers, Edward Amos, Chesley Amos and Donnie Amos.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Lynchburg Humane Society.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit www.tharpfuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Nancy's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021