Obituaries » Neal Grant McCartney
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Neal Grant McCartney, 86, of Forest, VA went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Thursday, May 20, 2021 at Lynchburg General Hospital. He was born on August 19, 1934 in Cleveland, OH and lived in the Lynchburg area for 41 years. He was the husband of the late Lois J. McCartney for 64 years.
Neal worked as a machinist/manager and retired in 1996. He was a member of Heritage Baptist Church and a dedicated prayer warrior. He loved boating and playing golf with his golfing buddies.
He is survived by his children; Kevin McCartney (Bonnie) of Raleigh, NC; Lori Jennings (Don) of Forest, VA; and Kelly Felker (Daryl) of Winston-Salem, NC. Grandchildren; Kenneth McCartney (Ashley) of Edinburgh, Scotland; Brian Jennings (Emily) of Canton, GA; Chad Jennings (Kim) of Washington D.C.; Stefani Sprinkle (Brent) of Winston-Salem, NC; and Kati Meckley (Patrick) of Richmond, VA; and eight great grandsons.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, May 29, 2021 at Heritage Baptist Church at 3:00 p.m. Conducted by Rev. Dr. F. Gerald Kroll and Pastor Brian Jennings.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Celebrate Neal 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021