Obituaries » Nelson Morgan Goff
Nelson Morgan Goff
Nelson Morgan Goff, 83, of Gladys, passed away Wednesday, January 25, 2023. He was the husband of Linda Tweedy Goff for 59 years.
Nelson was born in Rustburg, Virginia, on September 15, 1933, a son of the late John Robert Goff and Edith Keesee Goff. Nelson honorably served his country in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War, and until his retirement. Nelson was a lifelong Mason belonging to Masonic Lodge #69 in Rustburg. In his youth he was a member of Rustburg United Methodist Church.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his brother Franklin Goff of Gladys. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his son Mark Wayne Goff, four brothers: Robert, Thomas, William, and John Goff, and one sister Edith Whortan.
The family will receive friends from 2:00 until 4:00 p.m. Sunday, January 29, 2023 at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg. Interment will be at Cumbie Memorial Cemetery at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, please consider making memorial contributions to your favorite charity.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Nelson Morgan's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.