Obituaries » Nettie Geneva Maples Bridges
Nettie Geneva Bridges, age 72, entered her heavenly home to be with Jesus on November 24, 2021, after a short but difficult battle with lung cancer. Nettie was born to her mother and father, as Nettie Geneva Maples on May 18, 1949. She was most notable due to her tiny little stature of 4’5”. She grew up in the south and loved all things southern, such as collard greens and grits just the way that her momma made them. From her first marriage, Nettie bore her beloved son, William Thomas “Tommy” Rowe. Tommy preceded her in death several years ago, and she desperately missed him everyday since then. She spent her days watching her favorite shows: Alaskan Bush People, General Hospital, and the Gaithers, and always looked forward to a phone call from a friend. She spent the last few years of her life living in Lynchburg, Virgina in a cute little apartment that she kept so well. It was there that she met some of her favorite people: Angelina, Loretta, Melanie, and Michelle. In the last two years of her life, she had a friend, Theresa, who grew to be like a daughter to her. It was Theresa’s privilege to love Nettie in her last years and days. Nettie was a fiery little lady, who was generous and loved others deeply. She will be truly missed.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Nettie Geneva Maples's life with a short message, photo or video!
Nettie Geneva Maples does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021