Obituaries » Orelious Walker, Sr.
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Orelious “Chum” Walker, Sr., of Forest, VA, passed away on Monday, November 1, 2021, at the age of 85.
Born on March 4, 1936, in Shreveport, Louisiana. Chum was one of 17 children born to and raised by the late Lucius and Georgia W. Walker.
Chum was a man on the go who knew many people. He left Shreveport and moved to Los Angeles, CA, with his family at the age of 16. In most of his jobs, he dealt directly with the public, which allowed him to meet and interact with thousands of people throughout his life. From serving in the U.S. Army, to working at the Union Train Station, to operating his own auto body and fender repair shop in the heart of Los Angeles. Chum was a man who enjoyed providing assistance and service to his many customers; and doing so with that signature smile of his.
Chum leaves behind his children, grandsons, great-granddaughter, his surviving sisters, a host of other relatives, and friends.
A graveside service will be held at Virginia Veterans Cemetery at Amelia on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 2 p.m.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Orelious's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021