Obituaries » Patria Manley Johnson
Patria Manley Johnson
Patria Evelyn “Pat” Manley Johnson, 84 of Bedford passed away on Thursday, June 9, 2022, at Centra Lynchburg General Hospital. She was born in Bedford Co., VA on January 15, 1938. A daughter of the late Robert Leftwich Manley and Lillian Levina Tooley Manley. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers, Talmadge Manley, and Wesley Manley. Also preceded by a sister, Thelma M. Petty.
Pat was always a people person. She loved spending time with her family and friends. She had such a strong work ethic and recently retired as a clerk with Stop-Inn Foods in Bedford and cleaned for many years at Piedmont Metals in Bedford. Pat loved sewing, flowers, and cooking for her family.
Pat is survived by her loving husband of 66 years, Nelson E. Johnson; three siblings, Ida M. Smith, Bo Manley and John Manley and his wife, Judy; also surviving are numerous nieces, nephews and so many friends.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions in Pat’s memory please consider the American Cancer Society or your Charity of Choice.
A Funeral Service and celebration of Pat’s life will be conducted at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel in Bedford with Rev. Danny A. Newman officiating. Burial will follow in Virginia Memorial Park Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00 pm on Monday, June 13, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date June 14, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Patria's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.