Obituaries » Paulita de los Reyes Puzon
Paulita de los Reyes Puzon, 84, of Lynchburg, VA, passed away peacefully on Sunday, November 20, 2022. She is preceded in death by her husband, Gil C. Puzon. Born on January 21, 1938, in Manila, Philippines. She was one of six children.
She is survived by her daughters, Grace Puzon, Gilda Cadieux (Eddie), Glennis Escobar (Gary), and Gladys Andrews (Dean); sons, Gerry Puzon (Michelle) and Ramon Puzon (Sue); siblings, Ramon de los Reyes and Pamela Ymbang; nine grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
She graduated high school from Maryknoll College and graduated Banking and Finance from Lyceum College in the Philippines. Paulita immigrated to America in 1968 with her husband and four daughters. She lived in Ohio and Florida before settling in Lynchburg, VA in 1975 and worked in accounting at Simplimatic Engineering Company until retirement.
She was a member of St. Thomas More Catholic Church. She was an avid cook and entertainer, around the world cruiser, Hallmark channel and mahjong enthusiast. She also enjoyed gift giving, shopping, desserts, and chocolate. Above all, she was devoted to her husband, family, friends, and faith.
The family will receive friends on Tuesday, November 29, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, 220 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg, VA. A visitation will be held on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 11 a.m. with a memorial service at 12 p.m. at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 3015 Roundelay Rd, Lynchburg, VA. A reception will follow the service.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the American Heart Association.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Paulita's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021