Obituaries » Phillip Carroll Reid
Phillip Carroll Reid
Phillip Carroll Reid, 81, of Lynchburg passed away Sunday, February 26, 2023 at Lynchburg General Hospital. He was the husband of Mary Beth Reid.
Born in Lynchburg, Virginia on May 13, 1941 he was a son of the late Carroll Reid and Reva Reid. He was retired from GE/Ericsson and attended Keystone Baptist Church.
He was preceded in death by a son, Jason Phillip Reid.
In addition to his wife he is survived by a daughter, Amy Gordon (Mark); a sister, Jane Reid Clough (William); two grandchildren, Allyson Dunavin (Brandon) and Matthew Gordon (Kimberly); two nephews, Joseph Clough and Jonathan Clough; and a bonus daughter, Spring Rouch-Riley.
A funeral Service will be conducted 1:00 PM Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg Chapel. Burial will follow in Fort Hill Memorial Park. Family will receive friends one hour prior to the service.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Phillip Carroll's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.