Obituaries » Piper Ann Shepherd
With such a short time here on earth, she was loved so dearly. Sweet Piper Ann Shepherd went to be with her Lord and Savior on June 20, 2022, at UVA Medical Center. She was preceded in death by her Paternal Grandfather, Rev. Calvin Shepherd of Montvale, VA.
Piper is survived by her loving parents, Calvin Dwayne Shepherd and Shelby Hollins Shepherd; ten siblings, Danielle Murray, Catlin Shepherd, Chase Shepherd, Eric Shepherd, Shannon Shepherd, Crystal Shepherd Craft and her husband, David, Rebecca Shepherd, Kaylie Baxter, Madelyn McManus and Scotty McManus; maternal grandfather, George Andrews and wife, Misty Glenn; Maternal Grandmother, Debra Andrews; Paternal Grandmother, Martha Ann Armbrister and her husband Raymond; uncles, Ray Shepherd and Matt Dillion; aunt, Karen Dillion. Also surviving are numerous other extended family and friends.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions in Piper’s memory please consider donations to The NICU Unit of UVA Medical Center, Bedford Area Pregnancy Center or Charity of Choice.
A memorial service and celebration of Piper’s life will be conducted at 1:30pm on Sunday, June 26, 2022, at New Life of Rocky Mount, 180 AMT Dr. Rocky Mount, VA 24151, with Pastor Tim McKenzie officiating. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Piper's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021