Obituaries » Randall Lewis Schmincke
Randall Lewis Schmincke, 85, of Forest, VA died Thursday, August 18, 2022. He was the loving husband of Nellie Rucker Schmincke for 61 years.
Randall was born April 18, 1937, in Lynchburg, VA a son of the late Louis H. Schmincke and Mabel Morris Schmincke. He was a graduate of E.C. Glass High School and later joined the National Guard, serving for numerous years.
He loved hard work and enjoyed many years owning his paint contracting business. When he wasn’t working you could find Randall on the dance floor, line dancing with the love of his life. He was very witty and had never met a stranger, but was completely devoted to his family.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his sons, Gary Rucker Schmincke and his wife, Traci and Dale Lewis Schmincke and his wife, Kristi, his grandchildren Casey, Hannah, and Olivia Schmincke, his sister, Celia Schmincke Trent, and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his sister, Phyllis Schmincke Wright.
The family will receive friends from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 24, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 AM on Thursday, August 25, 2022, in Virginia Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be sent to The Alzheimer’s Association, www.alz.org.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Randall's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021