Obituaries » Rebecca B. Whorley
Rebecca Burnette Whorley, 68, of Forest, VA, passed away Monday, August 22, 2022. She was the loving Wife of Curtis Whorley for 49 years.
Rebecca (Becky) was born February 13, 1954, in Bedford County, VA. Becky was preceded in death by her parents, Richard and Eleanor Burnette. She graduated from Liberty High School (Class of 1972) and was employed for 37 years as a Pharmacy Technician at Central Virginia Training Center, where she retired in 2016.
Becky was a beautiful soul who enjoyed traveling with her husband and friends and spending time with her friends and granddog Sophie. In her spare time, she enjoyed shopping and reading.
In addition to her husband, Becky is survived by her sister Nancy Walkup (Sam) of Goode, VA, daughter Erin McCray (Clarence) of Forest, VA, and daughter Shannon Winstead of Lynchburg, VA. Becky is also survived by her Grandchildren Matthew McCray, Devin McCray, Kameryn McCray (Harley), Devon Jordan, and Trevor Winstead; Great-grandchildren Jocelyn Taylor, Kameryn McCray II, and Marley McCray. Along with a host of nieces, nephews, and wonderful friends.
The family will receive friends at 11 am Friday, August 26, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home (Lynchburg), with the funeral service following at 12:30 pm.
Interment will be at Virginia Memorial Park, Goode, VA.
In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to Alan B. Pearson Cancer Center.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Rebecca's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021