Obituaries » Renee Collet Vest
Renee Collet Vest
Renee Collet Vest, 73, of Lynchburg, passed away on Wednesday, February 1, 2023. She was born on May 8, 1949, to the late Roland and Jeanette Collet.
In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her husband, James Vest; sister, Diane Collet; and son, Kirk Fisher.
She is survived by her children, Lee Fisher, Collet Green (Landon), and their father, Keith Fisher; stepdaughter, Catherine Vest (Kyle); grandchildren, Laney, Riley, and Emary Green, Spencer Fisher and his mother Betty Pickeral; sister, Laurie Gossler (Roger); nephew, Stuart Gossler; and numerous other relatives and friends.
Renee founded Bedford Sheltered Workshop which later became Longwood Industries and was dedicated to her work for over 40 years. She also was a member of St. John’s Episcopal Church.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, February 11, 2023, at 12pm at St. John’s Episcopal Church with a reception and visitation after the service.
In lieu of flowers please consider donating to The Lynchburg Daily Bread, 721 Clay Street, Lynchburg, Virginia 24504.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Renee's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.