Obituaries » Richard "Chief" Clay Adams
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Richard “Chief” Clay Adams, 70, of Appomattox passed away Friday, April 30, 2021 at his home with his family by his side.
He was retired from the US Navy and worked as an Electronic Communications Specialist for many years. He also enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Richard was preceded in death by his son, Bobby Clay Adams and his parents, Charles and June Adams.
He is survived by his wife of 34 years, Patricia Ann Landry Adams; his five children, Benjamin Adams (Mary) of Oceanside, CA, Joshua Adams (Sean) of Virginia Beach, Danielle Johnson of Bedford, Shawn Johnson (Courtney) of Wilmington, NC, and Richard Swanson (Tina) of Galesburg, IL; two brothers, Steve Adams (Jim) of Galesburg, IL and Mike Adams (Kris) of Utica, IL; six grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
A celebration of life service will be held Friday, May 7, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service or any time at their home.
In lieu of flowers, please donate to your local animal shelter.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Richard's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021