Obituaries » Robert Avery Goff
Robert Avery Goff, 86 of Rustburg died on June 11, 2021 with his family by his side. He was the husband of Mary Goff for 65 years.
Robert was born in Rustburg, on September 15, 1934. He was a son of the late John and Edith Goff.
He was a member of Rustburg United Methodist Church and a long-standing member of the Free Mason Mackey Lodge #69. He served his country in the U. S. Army and retired from B&W.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children, Thomas Goff (Faith) and Celia Massie, six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren, two brothers, Nelson M. Goff (Linda) and Franklin P. Goff.
Robert was preceded in death by his son, John Revely Goff, three brothers, and one sister.
A celebration of life will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at Rustburg United Methodist Church. Interment will follow at Cumbie Memorial Park. The family will receive friends one hour prior.
In lieu of flowers, please consider making memorial contributions to, Rustburg United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 336, Rustburg Va. 24588.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
VisitationThe family will receive friends one hour prior.
Celebration of Life ServiceRustburg United Methodist Church on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Interment will follow at Cumbie Memorial Park.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Robert's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021