Obituaries » Robert Craig Bryant Sr.
Robert Craig “Bobby” Bryant Sr., 53, of Appomattox passed away surrounded by his family on Friday, December 9, 2022.
Born on February 12, 1969, he was preceded in death by his father, Dennis Stogsdill.
Bobby served in the United States Navy and was employed at BWXT. He was an avid hunter and fisher. Bobby especially enjoyed spending summers at the family lake house teaching his grandchildren how to fish and pulling them on the tube behind the boat.
He is survived by his mother, Mary Langan and her husband, Kevin, of Appomattox; his children, Robert “Craig” Bryant Jr. and his wife, Molly, of Appomattox, Amanda Bryant and her fiancé, Ryan Newcomb, of Rustburg, and Steven Bryant and his wife, Samantha, of Rustburg; his grandchildren, Jayden Thomas, Mckenzie and Lacy Newcomb, Bently, Chase, and Cory Bryant, and Beckett Bryant; his brother, Billy Bryant and his fiancé. Anita Floyd, of Lynchburg; and the mother of his children, Sandra Wilkerson.
The family would like to thank the MICU staff at the University of Virginia Medical Center for their wonderful and diligent care.
Per Bobby’s wishes there will be no services. Donations in his name may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Robert Craig 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021