Obituaries » Robert Crist Barbour Jr.
Robert Crist Barbour Jr., “Tinka”, passed away on Friday, April 29, 2022 at Lynchburg General Hospital surrounded by family. He was born August 8, 1959 to Robert C. Barbour Sr. and Elizabeth Reeves Barbour and he was a graduate of E.C. Glass High School class of 1977. He was preceded in death by a loving sister, Beatrice E. Barbour and several aunts and uncles. He is survived by his mother and father (Janice), his son; Chris Smith, a brother; Lamont Barbour, a devoted cousin; Virginia Williams (Bobby), an aunt; Thelma Morgan, an uncle Aubrey “Chub” Barbour Sr. (Helen), a niece, Tiffani Barbour, a caring neighbor, Mary Crawley, and a host of relatives and friends.
The family is requesting no home visits. A viewing will be held on Thursday, May 5, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The funeral will be held on Saturday, May 7th, 2022 at 12p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg with the Rev. Dr. Carl B. Hutcherson officiating. MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
A funeral service will be on Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 12 PM at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Robert's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021