Obituaries » Robert M. Weakley Sr.
Robert M. Weakley Sr.
Robert “Bob” M. Weakley Sr., 79, of Gainesville, GA, passed away Sunday September 12, 2021. Bob was born on March 10, 1942, in Winchester, VA, to the late Pelham and Ethel White Weakley.
Bob was an active member of the First Presbyterian Church of Gainesville, served in the United States Marines and was an avid woodworking craftsman, loved his pet dog and golf cart, he also played multiple instruments and family always came first.
In addition to his parents, Bob is preceded in death by his wife of 40 years Susan Goodman Weakley.
He is survived by his five children, Rob (Courtney) Weakley, daughters; Tina Seay, Tracy Weakley, Tammy (Jay) Walker and Terri (David) Pechio, grandchildren; Avery, John, J.T., Chloe, Keith, Abbey, Amelia, Natalie and Colin, and 1 great grandchild.
The family will receive friends Thursday September 16, 2021, at Little & Davenport Funeral Home in Gainesville, GA from 6-8 p.m.
The family will receive friends on Wednesday September 22, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg, VA from 9-10 a.m. Interment will follow at Spring Hill Cemetery in Lynchburg, VA.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Robert's life with a short message, photo or video!
Robert does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.