Obituaries » Robert W. Zdenek
Robert “Bob” W. Zdenek, 78, passed away on Monday, February 7, 2022, at his home after a long and courageous battle with leukemia. He was born in Long Island, New York on October 27, 1943, a son of Henry and Edith Zdenek. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, Sonny Zdenek, Lee Zdenek; a sister, Joan Bass and his first wife, Betty.
He is survived by his loving wife, of 32 years, Joyce Wheeler Zdenek, a sister, Lynn Gueci (Pat), and brother, Jan Zdenek (Barbara); his children, Robert Zdenek, Jr., Lauren Morrisette, Angela Mangels (Bill) and step-daughter, Cindy Ware (Ed); his grandchildren, who affectionally called him “Pop Pop”, Tim, Nicole, Savanna, Cheryl, Kristie, Kyle; step-granddaughter, Amber (Joseph) and great-granddaughter, Madison. He is also survived by his brother-in-law, Chuck Wheeler (Donna), sisters-in-law, Barbara Bauer (Glenn), Becki Robertson (Jimmy), and Patricia DeSimone (John), as well as many beloved nieces and nephews.
Bob enjoyed traveling with Joyce and was co-owner and operator of Bob and Joyce’s Bus Service until he retired. Bob loved adventure especially scuba diving, skiing and riding his “Gold Wing”. He was a member of Thaxton Baptist Church. The family would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers during his illness.
A special thank you to Dr. Joshua Morales, Elizabeth Pruette, NP, and Bedford Centra Hospice for their care and compassion.
A graveside service will be held at a later date in Long Island, NY.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Robert's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021